B1 and B2 Certifying Engineers
Accountable to the Head of Engineering, the role of the Certifying Engineer will be to use the privileges granted to them on behalf of the organisation, to consistently improve the delivery and performance of RVL Airtech Part 145 maintenance activities, to ensure technical availability of the RVL-Group and its customers aircraft (B200 / F406).
The Certifying Engineer shall work in-conjunction with the RVL Aviation Part MG department, they will ensure that all matters relating to the planning of maintenance activities have been completed in full and accounted for iaw the organisations Part 145 Maintenance Organisation Exposition and supporting procedures. Progression to a Supervisory role / responsibilities is available for the right candidate.
The Certifying Engineer will use their experience to assist with technical issues identified to mitigate delays in production or line aircraft serviceability. You shall work in accordance with EASA Part 145, Part M, Part 21 and other NAA requirements as appropriate to the fleet and maintaining the upmost vigilance to Health and Safety matters.
Responsible for (including but not limited to):
Certifying Engineers report directly to the respective Supervisor, as appropriate, and are responsible for:
- Active Supervision of Part 145 personnel allocated to them by Supervisors, to oversee their work ensuring the work performed is to a standard acceptable to the Company and the regulatory authorities.
- Working is certified in accordance with the limitations of their personal authorisation document issued by the Safety and Compliance Manager.
- Reporting deficiencies in hangar equipment, stands, trestles, jacks, lifting tackle, ground handling machinery etc. to the Supervisor.
- Report using the Company’s Internal reporting system (Centrik) any Safety and Compliance related Issues.
- Ensure spares requirements for work in progress are available, or if necessary are ordered, in accordance with company procedures, in time for satisfactory completion of the task.
- Ensure timely, accurate and compliant release to service of aircraft after maintenance events. On completion of any work, all associated worksheets are checked for accuracy and completeness, and that all Tech Log and CRS entries are made and certified accordingly
- Accurate time booking, reflecting work done to job sheet/work card item.
- Ensuring that all parts and materials installed on any aircraft by themselves or by personnel under their supervision are accompanied by EASA Form 1 and or Certificate of Release from the appropriate NAA (FAA 8130-3, TCCA Form One and others), company serviceable labels and/or company batch numbers to provide proper traceability.
- Demonstrate competence in their role as a licenced engineer and be able to use company documents such as MEL to maintenance technical availability of the company aircraft.
- Ensuring unserviceable parts removed are correctly labelled and processed to quarantine stores in accordance with company procedures.
- Identify shortcomings with work card narrative, maintenance data, company procedures and forms to enable the Safety and Compliance Manager and Airworthiness Manager to make changes as appropriate.
- Support the RVL-Group Quality System by ensuring prompt preventative and corrective action within agreed timescale, to non-conformance reported following Quality Assurance or EASA / CAA audits of departments under their control.
- General housekeeping principles are fulfilled to ensure a clean and safe working environment
Qualifications & Role Requirements:
- Have successfully completed an Aeronautical Engineering Degree or holds EASA Part 66 License.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a Part 145 maintenance organisation.
- Hold or be able to complete aircraft type training on the RVL-Group fleet of aircraft (B200 / F406).
- Hold a full clean, driving license / valid passport.
- Eligible to work and reside within the United Kingdom.
- Product knowledge of company supported aircraft and their operation.
- Aircraft structures, repair and modification knowledge.
- Experience of OASES software.
Please apply in writing with a covering letter detailing experience, availability and current salary.